Monday, October 03, 2005

Miers. I'll wait and see, but...

Okay so the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend, but we on the left of the political center could have come off a lot worse. I'd almost say we "dodged a bullet" with the Harriet Miers nomination if the recent New Orleans connotation of the phrase weren't so fresh.

That Harry Reid likes Miers and conservatives are already somewhat uncomfortable is not bad news for me. My principle concern about a second Bush term, albeit among many, was the SCOTUS appointments he would be in line to make. Time will tell just how lacking in agenda Roberts will be and, assuming confirmation, how much like other stealth appointments Miers will be; yet I can't honestly help feeling relieved for the liberals, Democrats, progressives, and the rest of the country come to think of it.

Whew!...so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home