Saturday, April 22, 2006

Oh, No! Limbaugh is Right!

This administration may actually know what way it is heading, but it isn't the American way. I know this because yesterday I found myself in agreement with Rush Limbaugh. He called Dr. Wang Wenyi, the woman who spoke out to Hu Jintao at the White House, a freedom fighter.

Rush, also like me, wondered out loud why the media in America was not highlighting the fact that the President apologized to the Chinese communist dictator because someone in America excercised the freedom to speak openly to the powerful.

Not only was Dr. Wang hauled away by the Secret Service, now she has been charged seemingly with everything the law could find on the books.

I was discussing with acquaintances the obvious hypocrisy of Bush speaking about the need for China to improve its human rights position - mentioning freedom of speech and of religion specifically; then, permitting someone to be physically dragged from his presence for daring to speak. One friend, I think facetiously, mentioned he thought it was probably a left-wing conspiracy. I agree.

There is a conspiracy afoot to introduce freedom into our capitalism. I hope and pray it isn't too late.

Still with me, Rush...Rush...Ru...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home