Thursday, April 07, 2005

A Culture of Life, and Another One

I can't attribute this post as well as I would like because what got me off the dime to post again was something I caught in passing.

Pat Buchanan was on one of the cable news shows, and was asked about the extent to which Bush and the Pope disagreed on the death penalty. Pat, in comparing the Schiavo case to executions, called one the killing of the innocent and the other the killing of the guilty.

I think this sums up one problem with the culture of life fringe. They believe in multiple cultures in which they get to draw the dividing lines between them. They think they should decide where the culture of life ends and the culture of death begins, and they still don't think they're moral relativists. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home